You'll have heard of the Dark & Stormy; the classic combination of dark rum and ginger beer with a wedge of lime in which you can easily substitute dark rum for spiced but, what about the Sunset Paloma?
The traditional Paloma is made using mezcal although it can be substituted for tequila, gin or in this case, spiced rum! The classic recipe calls for soda water, but in this perfect pour shakes things up a little bit more with Bermondsey's grapefruit tonic.
The Paloma is a bright, vibrant and refreshing long drink, perfect for the incoming warm weather and the best thing about it is that it is so versatile so you can make do with the ingredients you have at home!
- 50 ml Spiced Rum 3
- 35 ml Mango Juice (orange juice works too!)
- Bermondsey Grapefruit Tonic
- 2 Lime Wedges
- Grapefruit to garnish
- In a tall glass with ice, add rum, mango juice and the juice of two lime wedges and stir with a bar spoon.
- Top with tonic water and stir gently again.
- Garnish with a slice of grapefruit.
Made with Guyanese molasses, golden spice and vanilla, our multi award-winning spiced rum has playful tropical notes combined with a rich burnt sugar aroma giving it a light woodiness. The smooth texture makes it ideal for bright, fruit led cocktails, give it a try!