Lunar New Year is one of the most important celebrations of the year among East and Southeast Asian cultures, including Chinese, Vietnamese and Korean communities, among others. This period marks time for sweeping out the past and ushering in a year of luck.
The Lunar New Year is usually celebrated for multiple days—not just one day as in the Gregorian calendar’s New Year and we have just the tipples to get you off to a delicious start!
Cherry New Moon
35ml Vodka 1698
15ml Cherry Brandy Liqueur
100ml Lime Soda
Garnish: Cherries, fresh or glace works well
- Fill a glass with ice and add the vodka and cherry brandy.
- Top with lime soda and gently mix with a bar spoon.
- Top with grenadine and garnish with a cherry.
25ml Old Tom 6
25ml Sweet Vermouth
30ml Blood orange juice
- Add the gin, sweet vermouth and orange juice into a shaker with ice and shake until well-chilled.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with an orange peel
200g Cubed Watermelon
35ml Spiced Rum 3
20ml Triple Sec
15ml Lime Juice
15ml Simple Syrup
Garnish: Lime wheel
- In a mixing glass, muddle the watermelon.
- Add remaining ingredients and ice and shake until well-chilled.
- Strain into a chilled coupe.
- Garnish with a lime wheel.
If you try any of these, don't forget to snap a picture and tell us how much you loved them! Tag us @LiquorsmithsLDN on Instagram!